On simplifying table syntax in any future markdown extension. (Use CSV)

mofo syne mofosyne at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 10:20:26 EDT 2014

Tom Humiston, I agree. I prefer tables that are easy to remember and
maintain as needed.

-----

Fletcher. It might be personal preference, but the reason I like comma
separated variables, is that they are visually forgiving if you
exclude whitespaces (because you are in a hurry).

        Year  |   Make  |   Model
        1997, Ford, E350
        1999, Chevy, Venture "Extended Edition"
        1999, Chevy, Venture "Extended Edition"
        1996, Jeep, Grand Cherokee

-----

Michel Fortin. Fair enough, I can certainly imagine the annoyance with
bug reports from those confusing this with the real csv standards. As
Tom Humiston said, we do need a simplified table structure for tables
that would be maintained often (or needs to be constructed fast), at
the acceptable cost to flexibility of aligning cells.

If you can implement any of Tom's 3 ideas, that would be best. But as
always, if you have your reasons then that is understandable.