Victoria, Virginia Caboose

Mon Jul 26 12:06:52 EDT 2004

HELP WANTED

Victoria, Virginia is about to receive its own Virginian Class C-10
Caboose.  Under the guidance of Greg Elam the town of Victoria is ready
to welcome into town Virginian Cab #342, recently purchased from Mr Ken
Miller of Roanoke.  The cab has been repainted and ready for the haul to
Crewe via NS.  (Stay tuned for the movement date as we hope to fill
Central Virginia with rail photographers ready to capture the event.)
Also from Crewe to Victoria by truck heavy hauler.

The cab will be moved once it has a home.

This is where you come in.

The concrete pad has been laid right next to the old station and all
that it needs now is some helpful hands to set ties, tie plates and
rails.  Easy right.  Yep, but the more hands the merrier.

FREE EATS

Yes, that is right.  You will get a free lunch when you stop by and
pitch in.

The work day has been set for Saturday August 7th, starting between 9
and 10 AM and continuing until completion.  This is a work day Rain or
Shine.  There is not a rain date.  (We won't melt.)

For more info contact me at:
salmont at mindspring.com
 or Greg Elam in Victoria at:
scsge at earthlink.net