Photos and Plans of Freight Station

Sat Jul 31 16:41:08 EDT 2004

I'm doing some research for a local train museum - and we are considering
building a structure that looks like a freight station.  The type of
station I'm interested in has the two story office or passenger section at
the front end with a long one story freight shed attached to the rear.
We're interested in a wooden type structure but possible could copy one
constructed of brick. Would like an N&W station - but not critical to our
purpose.  The second story of the front section would be used as a train
watching area overlooking the local freight yard.  I believe that there are
only a few platforms on the East Coast that allow people to get close
enough and high enough to really watch real train operations - possibly
listening to the yard radio network at the same time.  The lower section
and shed would contain a large O-gauge model train layout (to be designed)
that shows railroad operations across Virginia - mountains to the sea - a
"Rails Across Virginia Exhibit."

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! - Thanks

Ron Timma
Hidden Depot Farms Bed and Breakfast
23745 St. James Rd
Jetersville, VA 23083