Photos and Plans of Freight Station

Sat Jul 31 17:02:36 EDT 2004

Here's a good start: Virginia Tech assortment of N&W stations to browse
through...  about 350 pictures...
http://imagebase.lib.vt.edu/browse.php?folio_ID=/trans/nss/indi/dep/state/va

Not to be overly simplistic by just posting a link and saying "Have at it"
Here are a couple typical N&W combination stations.  you can see they just
stretch to fit.
http://spec.lib.vt.edu/imagebase/norfolksouthern/full/ns401.jpeg
http://spec.lib.vt.edu/imagebase/norfolksouthern/full/ns185.jpeg
http://spec.lib.vt.edu/imagebase/norfolksouthern/full/ns1164.jpeg
They don't fit your bill of a two story station, though.  But it truly is
an N&W style station. If there is such a thing.

Maybe Christiansburg station would work
http://spec.lib.vt.edu/imagebase/norfolksouthern/full/ns177.jpeg
http://spec.lib.vt.edu/imagebase/norfolksouthern/full/ns258.jpeg
or Salem
http://spec.lib.vt.edu/imagebase/norfolksouthern/full/ns525.jpeg

Bluefield was probably the classiest, and very recognizeable...
http://spec.lib.vt.edu/imagebase/norfolksouthern/F1/NS5996.jpg
http://spec.lib.vt.edu/imagebase/norfolksouthern/full/ns239.jpeg

Sounds like a great project.
Good luck.