J1 rebuild into J date wasRe: N&W Builders Numbers

Wed Aug 25 22:46:36 EDT 2004

I do not have the exact date that the conversion begin for changing the J1's
to J.  I do know the general date was 1944 from a number of references. The
date that the classification and data booklets had all references erased
from them about the Class J1 was February 16, 1945. From this it appears
that the changeover was completed by February 1945.

Bud Jeffries

Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2004 7:08 AM
Subject: Re: J1 rebuild into J date wasRe: N&W Builders Numbers