Automatic Train Control

Fri Nov 19 11:07:01 EST 2004

Gary

Shame on you.  The article was reprinted in the N&WHS Newsletter Vol. 1. No. 5
(a lot easier to get a copy of).  The end of cab signals was described in Vol. 2
No. 5.

The second article says the railroad had 84 locomotives on the Shenandoah
District in 1956.  The Train Control function was removed in 1933 but the cab
signals remained.  The N&W wanted to do away with the cab signals before there
were any diesels delivered.

Stoney

Rick C. Stone