Fwd: New River Extension

Wed Dec 8 19:02:14 EST 2004

The line to "Snowville" never got more than a few hundread yards from the
mouth of the LIttle River to a place named Miles Landing.  Sometimes this
line was referred to as "Miles Branch" but was officially the Radford
Branch. The Radford Branch was constructed by the Radford Southern Compnay
and was to possibly go to Floyd County. Construction began in 1903 and was
completed in 1905 to Miles Landing. It never went further. The line was
abandoned in part and scrapped in 1981.

Bud Jeffries

Sent: Monday, December 06, 2004 11:33 PM
Subject: Re: Fwd: New River Extension