South Roanoke Telegraph Office

Fri Dec 10 21:53:12 EST 2004

Abram Burnett,

I have inadvertently deleted the thread of messages about the location and telegraph signal for South Roanoke, but I don't think anyone furnished the telegraph signal that you requested.

I was in the NWHS archives today, and in the N&W/USRA Shenandoah Div. employee TT No. 10, Eff. 5/25/19, I found  the telegraph signal for South Roanoke listed as "Q."

Interestingly, the N&W/USRA Norfolk Div. employee TT of the same number and effective date listed the following in the columns for Fourth Class Trains No. 84 and 86 where the times at stations would normally appear:  "Via Virginian R. R. -- Roanoke to Abiline (sic)."  Westbound, the Fourth Class train schedule was via. the N & W.

Gordon Hamilton