South Roanoke Telegraph Office

Sat Dec 11 18:20:48 EST 2004

Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 21:53:12 -0500
Subject:  South Roanoke Telegraph Office

Abram Burnett,

I have inadvertently deleted the thread of messages
about the location and telegraph signal for South
Roanoke, but I don't think anyone furnished the
telegraph signal that you requested.

I was in the NWHS archives today, and in the N&W/USRA
Shenandoah Div. employee TT No. 10, Eff. 5/25/19, I
found  the telegraph signal for South Roanoke listed
as "Q."

Interestingly, the N&W/USRA Norfolk Div. employee TT
of the same number and effective date listed the
following in the columns for Fourth Class Trains No.
84 and 86 where the times at stations would normally
appear:  "Via Virginian R. R. -- Roanoke to Abiline
(sic)."  Westbound, the Fourth Class train schedule
was via. the N & W.

Gordon Hamilton

December 11, 2004

Hello, Gordon:

Is it possible to buy a photocopy of the entire
employee timetable?  Or can it reprinted and sold in
the Commissary?

Thanks,

=====
Dr. Frank R. Scheer, Curator