Station employee career path

Thu Jan 20 16:22:57 EST 2005

Another alternative that may have come into play would have been the
old-fashioned correspondence course. I have seen some materials for
prospective railroad or trolley employees. In addition, I believe it
was in 1949 or so (nothing at had to look it up know) the N&W issued a
binder or instructions for station agents. It was probably about 100
pages, in a ring-type binder with corrections issued as necessary.

Ken Miller