J 611 Tender Trucks

Mon Jan 24 21:13:52 EST 2005

Hello all,

There has been some discussion on another list about the N&W J 611 and I was
hoping someone here could clear up some discrepancies, please. Following is
a comment from that list.

"the tender thats behind the 611 today as it ran in excusion service is not
the original tender that was used when it was built. I can see how alot of
people would get confused about tender trucks."

His inference in the flow of the discussion is that the tender trucks from
the 611, 612, and 613 were not different from the earlier J's.

This is at odds with the following statement from this list which I believe
is correct.

 > Tender trucks.  The sideframes on the last group of A's, as sell as J's
 > 611-613 were different.

Thanks,

Christopher Smith