Station Information

Mon Feb 14 21:53:10 EST 2005

Looking in the 1940 passenger timetable...

It lists, in table 25, the Dry Fork schedule pass train. It lists
the regual sceduled stops and a couple of towns as flag stops...
I get it...but...

On a following page, there is a heading titled...
"Stations at which no time is shown at which trains will stop on signal"
Sounds pretty self explanatory....but...then...

It says...

"Scheduled trains stop at Gluck, Bartley, Lomax, Susanna, Canebrake
and Hartwell: and stop at Mile Branch, Garland, Tusler, and Brit
on signal"

None of these towns are listed as stops on the scheduled train.

So my questions are, for example, Gluck is neither listed on the
schedule as a scheduled stop or a flag stop, so what kind of stop is it?
and, is the sentence, being written 55 years ago throwing me off and
everything in the above paragraph is a "stop on signal", and if so,
why list it in two sentences?

Thanks
Leslie Eversole