William J. Purdie's 90th Birthday celebration at the SoutheasternRailroad Museum

Thu Mar 3 23:21:17 EST 2005

I do not know if he was contacted or not, but I was under the impression
that the two of them were not the best of friends.
I am luck enough to be able to say I have worked with Big Bill, the old man
as we call him in Atl, on A&WP 290 while he was able to come out and lead us
and I have talked with him during our rebuilding of Georgia Power 97,
ex-USATC 5050. Watching him work is a memory I will never forget.

Jason Greene
Dahlonega, GA