Coal via Potomac Yard

Mon Mar 21 22:11:34 EST 2005

I can't speak to N&W coal that might have been detoured off the Valley line, but I know that C&O coal moved up the Washington Sub to PY in the 1960s and '70s was destined for the Potomac Electric generating station in Alexandria, not for shipment north of the Potomac. The plant also burned N&W coal, but I don't know its routing.

Bill McClure