NS Corporate Communications - NS' 175th Year Responses

Wed May 11 21:02:31 EDT 2005

From: Corporate Communications
Sent: Friday, May 06, 2005 10:53 AM
Subject: Corporate Communications - NS' 175th Year Responses

CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS

TO:    ALL NS EMPLOYEES

FROM:  PUBLIC RELATIONS

RE:    YOUR RESPONSE TO NS' 175TH YEAR

Last week we asked you to tell us about items you might want to donate or
loan for historical exhibits relating to Norfolk Southern's 175th year.
Thank you for your response - so far we've received a lot of great ideas.

We can use still more - railroad tools, clothing and uniforms; items from
offices and shops; signs; maps; ads; programs from special events; journals
and correspondence; photos, slides and negatives; films; audio and
videotapes; scrapbooks; memorabilia; magazines and news clippings; and
employee publications. Use your imagination - although we will have to be
selective in what we use, the more items you make us aware of, the more
interesting story we can tell.

At this point, don't send anything. Just give us a brief description of the
item you might donate or loan, including its age, condition and any
interesting background associated with it. Send your info to
museum at nscorp.com <mailto:museum at nscorp.com>  or Museum, c/o Norfolk
Southern Corp., Three Commercial Place, Norfolk VA 23510-9217. Call Frank
Brown of PR at 757-629-2714 (microwave 629-2714) with questions.

Once we've evaluated everyone's input, we may contact you to discuss using
your piece of history and how we might credit you for your contribution.

Thank you for helping to preserve NS' heritage.

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE