Tender on a Work/camp train?

Thu Apr 13 22:05:39 EDT 2006

There were still some of those things around when I hired.

Yes, they were for water (although I wouldn't want to eat anything prepared with weeks-old water from a tender.) The water was probably used for bathing purposes.

I seem to remember that some of those tenders also had compartment built in them for kerosene.

-- abram burnett