Bluefield Engine Terminal

Sun May 21 17:43:39 EDT 2006

Hello All,

I have some questions about the engine terminal at Bluefield in the
steam era. I know from photographs that there was a full circle
roundhouse. In later steam era photos it seems that half of the
house was removed to put in the modern long house or lubritorium and
ash handling facilities in the post WWII modernization. Is this the
case and when was it done? I have not been able to find an aerial
view of the later steam era terminal to really see the layout. Does
anyone have a photo or line diagram of the terminal? Roanoke,
Portsmouth, and Williamson are well represented in this aspect.

Thanks for your consideration.
Jim Hall