Today Show

Sat Mar 31 23:25:11 EDT 2007

Ken,
While satellite broadcasting did not exist until the 1960's, AT&T
started development of their microwave backbone transmission system in the
late 1940's and it was old news when I joined them in 1966. We were putting
in second or third generation equipment by then. While ENG from a moving
locomotive was most likely out of the question at that time, remote pickup
from microwave trucks just as we do today (I'm still in the TV engineering
business after 34 years) was certainly available.

Just picking a few nits..

Harry Wilkins
Huntsville, AL