Passenger train I.D.

Wed Jun 27 15:28:16 EDT 2007

Jerry

That is the westbound Powhatan Arrow, No. 25, descending Blue Ridge.
Note the light color rail on the near track from sanding. This was
probably made late winter of 58-59, or 59-60, sorry don't have an
exact date. Note the signals are still position lights rather than
color position lights. They added the combine to the Arrow late in
the steam era, by this time, the passenger loads were low enough that
most likely the single coach had plenty of room to stretch out on.

Ken Miller