Speaking of Matoaka...

Tue Jul 3 22:11:19 EDT 2007

Yes, the rails were still in place last time I looked. Why is anyone's
guess, but my guess is to maintain an emergency connection between the
N&W and ex-Vgn mainlines in case anything happened to the line from
Matoaka through Princeton to Kellysville - just speculation on my part,
but makes sense. By the way, the N&W called it "Cooper" not "Coopers." I
know the sign on the highway has an "s" on it, but we never pronounced
it that way when my father was alive. Jim Nichols