Thoughts about steam excursions and Roanoke

Sun Sep 16 21:54:25 EDT 2007

Been done, it was called the New Georgia Railroad. Worked well for a while,
they didn't really take care of the engines they leased though so I would
advise against it with out some sort of oversight by the owners of the
equipment. 611 and 1218 are far too big for what you have in mind, but how
about the 2-8-0. I mean if we are going to play the what if game...for a
loop it would be ideal. If you want to do the big engines, maybe a run
between Roanoke and Vickers or something like that would be more like it.

You have to take the people somewhere and tell a story, and if the history
of VA railroading is what you are going for....Take the J or the A out on
their home territory. Now sell it to NS and you'll be going somewhere.

Jason Greene
Oakwood, GA

Sent: Saturday, September 15, 2007 11:04 AM
Subject: Thoughts about steam excursions and Roanoke