N&W/Scioto Valley Question

Mon Oct 8 09:00:56 EDT 2007

Whit:

There seems to be some gaps in the Scioto Time Tables in
the 1927-29 era, so I wasn't able to determine if any
temporary connection had been made with N&W prior
to completion of C&ON to Columbus. Here are a few
more items:

1. The tank at Cromley was taken out of service some
time between April, 1927 and January, 1929.

2. If I've converted the valuation stations correctly, the
Cromley tank was 3,210 feet timetable east of the
Little Walnut Creek trestle.

3. In 1901 Cromley had a 2500 ft. passing siding,
extended to 6,000 ft. by 1907.

4. The Cromley operator was gone by 1908, but by May, 1910
there were operators 24/7 because this was the east end
of double track from Columbus.

5. Continuous operators gone by October, 1910 because
double track had been extended to Hagarty.

6. Dorney - built in 1910 by Link Belt co. for a contract
price of $45,823. Had been shown on ICC valuation
reports as Hayesville, but that name was lined
through and Dorney added. Can't say if any
improvements had been made after about 1919.

Harry Bundy