Classic photo: "Tell-tale"

Thu Oct 11 08:08:24 EDT 2007

Of course, here's a guy who's ducking because he has seen the telltale. And then the idiot hops right up. Isn't he supposed to stay down because of the overhead obstruction ahead? Or maybe the telltale is warning about an obstruction in the other direction. Doesn't pay to think too hard about these things.

It's always puzzled me how anyone could think that a person could maintain his balance on the narrow roofwalk of a swaying railroad car after being startled by being swatted by a cat-o'-nine-tales. Well, at least the company can say he was warned before he fell of the car. Better than being decapitated, I guess.

Sam Putney

Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2007 10:59 AM
Subject: Classic photo: "Tell-tale"

A "Tell-tale".