My last photo of Jim Gillum

Mon Nov 24 20:33:12 EST 2008

I just returned home from the memorial service for Jim Gillum at his church in Richmond. I counted 12 NWHS members and their wives at the service this afternoon, and I was told that there were 16 at the visitation last night. The church was conformably filled with other mourners.

I do not want to scoop Ron Davis with this report, but I know that Ron would be too modest to relate that he made an excellent presentation before the assembled mourners at the service, telling about Jim and his devotion to the N&W Ry. and his work with the NWHS.

Gordon Hamilton

Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 7:42 AM
Subject: My last photo of Jim Gillum

Attached is the last photo of Jim Gillum that I took July 10, 2008. He presented Jim Blackstock an award at the Archives work session.

Skip Salmon