Gordon Hamilton's article transcrition

Fri Jan 2 11:01:15 EST 2009

Thank you for your kind words. Knowing that somebody is reading these postings makes the effort worthwhile. Plus, I simply enjoy sharing things that I find interesting.

The mailing list postings are archived at:

I think that the NWHS Board has considered making this archive word-searchable. Maybe someone else can comment on that.

Gordon Hamilton
Sent: Thursday, January 01, 2009 8:31 PM
Subject: Gordon Hamilton's article transcrition

First, I would like to express my appreciation to Gordon Hamilton for his meticulous efforts in panning the nuggets from the Bluefield Daily Telegraph. Reading through rolls of microfilm is a tedious and time-consuming process, but I surely enjoy the products of his labor. Secondly, does anyone have a compilation of his articles? Over the holidays I have copied all that I have into Microsoft Word documents, but a hard disk crash last summer wiped out everthing I had prior to October of 1907.
Thanks again Gordon,
Jim Cochran
dcochran116 at roadrunner.com