VMT Workday May 16

Thu Apr 16 23:21:49 EDT 2009

Mark your calenders for Saturday the 16th of May! We are planning a
work day at the Virginia Museum of Transportation to clean, paint and
generally spruce up the museum's collection in the rail yard.

The locomotives including 611 and 1218 need the dirt and grime
from this past winter washed off.
The VGN caboose requires cleaning and painting.
The Ellett Station needs to be scraped to prepare it for painting
in one of its original VGN colors.
The doors on Engine #6 require a coat of red paint.

Come dressed to work and bring your buckets, hoses, paint brushes.
The museum will supply the paint to be used.

For more info, e-mail the museum at <destinations at vmt.org>.

Let's show our support for the Virginia Museum of Transportation and
the wonderful collection of N&W & VGN equipment displayed there!