Anecdotal info on Damascus Depot

Thu Aug 20 15:02:22 EDT 2009

Friends,
I have had someone make a drawing of the depot at Damascus based on
some actual data about the width and length and then scaling the rest
from the few photos that have been published. I think it looks pretty
good.

My question is this: were there freight doors on the back side of the
depot? Several photos by O. Winston Link show a siding that runs off
to the rear of the depot. Would that indicate freight doors back
there? If anyone remembers this detail or any other details I would
appreciate hearing from you.
Regards

Joe Giannovario
Publisher