eBay bewares

Tue Sep 1 10:00:25 EDT 2009

Ebay has a special "beware" notification on certain collectibles that shows up while?placing the?bid. I found that when bidding on posters or art?prints showing what the seller claims is the artist's original signature. The notification warns the bidder that ebay?doesn't verify authenticity and that?the bidder assumes the risk. But I figure it shows up only on mcdse. where values can get high.?RR collectibles are too much of a niche for?ebay to understand let alone post warnings.?

I, too, have found that most sellers appreciate corrections. Only a small percentage seem to write deliberately vague, deceptive descriptions. I have just as often found authentic things vaguely or erroneously described and thus selling at a low price - I don't correct them.

Ted Goodman