Replacement Signal Light Bulbs

Tue Nov 10 18:16:37 EST 2009

What voltage power supply do you use? I have a B&O dwarf signal and have
used 12 volt automobile bulbs in it, which seem to work well.

Bob McKell

Chillicothe, Ohio

Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 3:11 PM
To: NW-Mailing-List at nwhs.org
Subject: Replacement Signal Light Bulbs

Listers,

Does any one know what the type/number is for light bulbs in an Union Dwarf
Signal? We have a dwarf signal at the Railway Museum of Greater Cincinnati
that is said to be from Portsmouth Yard in Ohio. One of the bulbs went out
the other day. After checking it and the others in the signal the only info
I have is: GE, 13.5 volts, 17 watts, bayonet base. I've tried to locate a
similiar bulb on the Internet but haven't been succesful. Is this type
still made or has it been changed over to a different voltage? Any help
will be appreciated.

Dave Moorehead
Milford, Ohio