Re Links color photo

Mon Sep 6 18:38:27 EDT 2010

JIM:

Appreciate your resourcefulness in capturing the two shots from the
Pillars film.

The Boaz shot is a beaut, but it has been established, I think, that
since the Boaz shanty was hard by the pusher siding, instead of standing
right by the EB main track, as in Link's Highball shot, Boaz is not the
elusive venue.

The second shot: another compelling photo, but alas, the structure in
question is on the WB main, whereas the Highball shot is by a shanty on
the EB main, since the train, I think all agree, was headed east, away
from Roanoke. The structure in the distance: a section house?

ALL: If Link's assistant on the Highball mission, David Plowden (so
says /Classic Trains/ per an earlier post) can be tracked down, we'd
have an eyewitness account that should wrap up the venue question. Can
anyone help here?

DAVE: Your research is surely useful. Do the Link materials (which
appear to point to a near Bridge 90 solution) show or reference a shanty
there on the EB main?

Frank Gibson