Bridge 90

Tue Sep 7 23:21:09 EDT 2010

John,

Bridge 90, a 115' through plate girder bridge, is at MP 252.4, and coordinates 37 18' 43.37 N, 79 52' 21/77 W. Note that east of the bridge the two main line tracks diverge where the Bonsack middle track was during steam days. When the middle track was retired the double crossovers west of the bridge were installed.

My on-the-ground search for the former location of the pusher siding at Boaz leads me to believe that it was just west of Bridge 96, a 16"concrete slab bridge, at about MP 254 and coordinates 37 17' 32.32" N, 79 53' 06.35" W.

Gordon Hamilton