Timonium, MD Great Scale train show - February 5-6,2011

Sat Jan 29 07:59:39 EST 2011

Just a little reminder as we enter the heart of the train show season
that the largest such event in the Baltimore-Washington region is just
a week away and this is the Timonium, Md. Great Scale show at the
Timonium Fairgrounds. Yes, it's Superbowl weekend but what the heck,
the game doesn't start until after 6 PM EST Sunday, so there will be
lots of time to peruse the aisles and aisles of goodies at the show
for sure.

Hopefully, we won't have the "snowmageddon" like last year which kind
of spoiled it.

In any event, models of all scales will undoubtedly be there as will
major dealers from up and down the East Coast. The hours will be 9-5
on Saturday and 10-4 Sunday. Not only models but books, magazines and
railroadianna of sorts will be there to choose from both
current/recent vintage as well the older and the rarer ones as well.

If it's layouts, there are usually a number of modular groups well-represented.

A number of railroad historical societies are expected to be there, as
well, including the B&O RR HS, N&W HS, WM HS, ACL/SAL HS group too and
those are the ones I remember having seen.

Admission is just $9 and is good for both days with a family rate also
available. If you are into the railroad hobby scene in any way, this
really big show is a must for you, just north of the Baltimore,
Maryland beltway.

Make sure you bring your lists and please don't forget them at home
where they can't help you much, right?

Bob Cohen