Heritage units

Thu Feb 23 09:50:41 EST 2012

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 9:02 AM, Jimmy wrote:

> *"**It also gives some vague information on a

> handful of the schemes, such as N&W being blue."*

> Has anyone asked why the N&W unit will be blue instead of black? I cringe

> at the thought that there could any chance that it could wind up looking

> like the C630 in the VMT.

Has Norfolk Southern officially owned up to this yet? Other than the Trains
release, which has folks all over the interwebs going orgasmic, there
hasn't really been any good information other than hints and some "insider"
tips. Although I don't doubt that this is going to happen, as I said on
another list, I won't really believe it until I hear it from the horse's
mouth. I also agree with Jimmy about the blue, I think the steam-era black
with the N&W in the circle logo would look much better. Others have
suggested that the Pennsy unit might look good in Brunswick green, which
could open the door for the N&W passenger tuscan scheme -- anything but
Pevlar blue.

Bruce in Blacksburg