PRR 2D5P Trucks on BEj and BEk Baggage cars?

Wed Feb 29 16:49:17 EST 2012

A bill-of-material for the T52 truck is in the NWHS Archives, locator Hol-00120.08.

Gordon Hamilton
Member, NWHS Archives Committee
Sent: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 1:07 PM
Subject: Re: PRR 2D5P Trucks on BEj and BEk Baggage cars?

The BEk is the one you are looking for. (The BEj is an entirely different design). N&W class for the trucks under the BEj was T-52. They were also used under the BMh (a PRR design) and the M1 (car not PRR design, but the trucks were). Have you tried looking up the drawings from the archives on the N&WHS site? Hope this information will help you do so. Jim Nichols

Sent: Tue, February 28, 2012 9:40:11 PM
Subject: PRR 2D5P Trucks on BEj and BEk Baggage cars?

Hello,

I sent an email to the N&WHS Archives email contact several days ago, but haven't heard anything as of yet, so I am submitting this to the N&W list in hopes of expanding the net a bit. Last year I inquired about the 1400 series baggage/storage mail cars when I was working on an evaluation report for possibly acquiring one for TVRM that was facing the scrapper. Y'all responded with a great amount of helpful information about what the N&WHS archives contained, to which I am still very grateful. Unfortunately for the car, it did not survive, but its wheels do. We determined that based on the condition of the car and the fact that several examples of this car survive in far better condition, that it just wasn't a good move for TVRM.

I am now working on another project for a fellow TVRM member that involves the Pennsylvania RR 2D5P truck. As getting things from the PRR collection in Harrisburg or Strasburg from the PA State Archives requires navigating the bureaucracy and spending money just to find out what they have, I thought I might contact y'all again to see if you could be of assistance. I am looking for any and all drawings related to this truck, which the N&W appears to have used under BEj and BEk class baggage/express cars. The first question is to determine that the truck is indeed the PRR 2D5P truck. The Commonwealth pattern number (casting number) is either V9252 or V9253. The only difference is the pedestal opening size. If anyone can verify that the truck is the same, what the N&W truck classification might have been, and what you may have as far as drawings or details, we are willing to purchase copies relevant to these trucks.

Thank you for any help or assistance you may be able to provide.

Michael Brown
3830 Portland Trail Drive
Suwanee, Georgia 30024
newriver400 at cs.com - email