Peavine

Wed Jun 5 01:17:17 EDT 2013

Word on the Vine is that NS sent letters to online customers east of MP32, which is just east of the east end of Afton Yard, that after the first of the year, there will be no more rail service past MP32. The ties at Peebles are to be trucked to Piketon, OH to be rail loaded there.
The government had to force NS to service Hutamaki, X-Ford plant Batavia.
This is what I have heard thus far. I have a couple of people checking up on this info. Any new info will be promptly passed along.
Jeff Wood

Jeffrey Wood
N&W VGN Hist. Soc.
Southern Ohio Railway Enthusiast