"Pole and Paddle" semaphores

Mon Aug 5 14:40:16 EDT 2013

Interesting. We still have an "approach Restricting" signal on Norfolk
Southern, and use it frequently. I cannot imagine why it would be
hazardous. What was the text of the rule? On NS, it instructs the
train to reduce to not exceeding medium speed (30 mph) and prepare to
take the next signal at restricted speed.

Ken Rickman

--
Kenneth Rickman
Salisbury, NC