PL-1

Thu Aug 8 11:43:08 EDT 2013

If anyone wants to see and examine an old PL-1 up close without
trespassing, I have one restored, erected and working, depicting N&W's westbound
signal at milepost 201.3 on the old mainline through Lynchburg, Virginia.
When in use on the N&W, the top of the pole was a few feet higher than it is
now. I know of a couple PL-2/3 signals at other private homes, but I
believe this may be the sole PL-1. Today, the signal's original location is
along Lynchburg's Blackwater Creek Bike Trail where some of us biked during
the NWHS 2012 convention. If you happen to find yourself in Lynchburg, give
me a call or email and we'll work out a time for you to visit. There are
about three dozen other restored pieces in what we call "WIley Railroad Relic
Garden."

Aubrey Wiley
434.386.2226
_VgnRy43 at aol.com_ (mailto:VgnRy43 at aol.com)