1950's N&W Steam excursions

Tue Sep 10 14:03:01 EDT 2013

On the N&W Class M, I personally never heard them referred to as anything but an "M". However, I asked TIm Hensley about the "Mollie" and here was his response.

Boys,

Rest most assuredly that were called "Mollies" on the Scioto Division. In my tape of Abingdon Branch engineer F. T. Nichols, he refers to them as the same. Class Zs were known as "baby Malleys."

Tim Hensley

If Nichols called them "Mollies" I'd assume he knew what he was talking about, since that is what he ran regularly.

Ken Miller