NW-Mailing-List Digest, Vol 105, Issue 9 Tidewater and Virginian Rr 1907 PDFs

Thu Feb 6 14:46:56 EST 2014

These are great . . . i.e. better resolution on images  than most scanned journals that I have seen.  By Great . . . they are also insights into what it takes to build a railroad.  What I did not see in thos e pix of timber structures for temp tracks for building fill s was a culvert at the bottoms . . . water is going to take the route that it wants!!!

Where was Mr. Page getting his funding from at this time?  I understand his papers are at North Carolina University or at one of the other two schools in that area?  Has anyone gotten into those?

Al Kresse