Station drawings

Wed Nov 19 08:26:24 EST 2014

Just to show you WHERE some of those station drawings may be located - here
are two photos showing the engineering drawings from the Virginia Tech
collection. These are at the GOB East facility inside the Roanoke Shops.
Nearly all of these drawings have been tightly rolled up for many years. We
can only guess how many thousands there are. So far we have processed over
3,000 drawings from these shelves.

In addition, there are a handful of flat file cabinets in GOB East
containing numerous station drawings that are still being digitized by an
NS contractor. We have been told these will be moved to the NS Archives
area after they are done.

There are more station drawings included in a 2005 transfer from the
Library of Virginia. A fair number of these have been cataloged at the
Salem Ave archives.

Working only one Saturday a month at GOB East, one can see it will be a
long time before we process all those drawings. If anyone wishes to come
give us a hand, we will be working there this Saturday. Just e-mail us at <
archives at nwhs.org> to let us know you're coming.

Ron Davis

Moderator: