Sat Apr 4 10:16:53 EDT 2015

James
The wye at the junction of the K & L lines was not built until the 1980's after the SOU/N&W merger at the same time as the 25th st crossover from the K line to the N&W. I doubt that the J's would fit on the TT @ Salem yard. I was a student @ R. J. Reynolds High School when the special came in from Barber on the L line. The whole student body was on the hillside above the tracks to watch the special roll by coming down Cloverdale hill. I also spent many evenings at North Winston yard riding around the 'balloon' track with the hostler as he turned engines for the nightly departure of the 'Camel Special' for Roanoke at 9:00 pm.
Dick Kimball