611

Wed May 27 13:38:38 EDT 2015

It is my understanding that the shops did not necessarily work faster.
For example they could still take months to overhaul a boiler. The
advantage they had in turning around an engine was due to the fact
that they had continual business.  They would always have several
boilers in different stages of overhaul at any one time.  They could
turn an engine around quickly because the engine would be receiving
different overhauled parts than were removed from it.
Toney Minter