2-8-0 #7

Tue Aug 16 17:22:38 EDT 2016

John,

Thanks for the information and the photos. It's a shame to know 2 of our treasures are in such poor condition. As sad as they appear I think of the Lost Engines. If they could come back as horrible as they appeared then there's hope for the 7 and 578.

The 578 actually looks better than I thought she would.

Is the ORM looking for a home for the Pacific? Is there a chance some railroad like the WMSR could get her and use her?
Roger HuberDeer Creek Locomotive Works

 Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2016 3:07 PM
 Subject: RE: 2-8-0 #7

Roger,

Here are two photos from the web of 7 and 578.

#7 is in rough shape. May have seen a coat of paint since this photo and I
saw it last but no restoration that I'm aware of. I'm amazed how much
hardware is still on it considering its location.

I wouldn't say 578 is "rotting into the ground". A little rough as well, but
better than #7, with a lot of hardware as well. There are plenty of steamers
out there in much worse shape than these two.

Would be nice to see both restored at least cosmetically.

John Garner

http://www.rgusrail.com/album/wvnwg17/nw_7_08.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8069/8240667096_4715f895b4_b.jpg