Y6b sand domes (NW Mailing List)

Tue Sep 27 14:27:57 EDT 2016

Here is a side shot of 2194 that clearly shows the relative size difference
between the front and rear sand domes on the 2194.

John Garner,  Newport VA

Moderator:

I reviewed the list of mechanical drawings in the Archives and sure enough,
there is a drawing E45446 dated 12/3/1952 for a larger front sandbox with
four filler caps for the Y6b.  I will have to research some more for more
details if there is a listing of engines these were applied to.  I was able
to look at the photos the Archives has on line and the only Y6b?s I could
find having the front four filler cap sand boxes were 2192 and 2194.

This is a good find.

Bud Jeffries