Virginia Creeper Whistle

Sat Dec 17 08:30:46 EST 2016

Jason

One thing to remember about larger museums; anywhere between 70-90% of their holdings are in storage and not on display.  A retired Smithsonian employee told me that for them it was close to 95% of the stuff they had. He says there are hundreds of models of ships, airplanes, vehicles, and trains in storage and not on exhibit.  The online list is not likely to show everything sitting in warehouses and basements of the museum buildings.

So maybe they have the whistle; maybe not.

Jim Stapleton