N&W station master houses still standing

Tue Jan 3 15:07:04 EST 2017

Alan,

There is a house in Rural Retreat that belongs to the NS, is located
adjacent to the Depot, and is locally called “The Section House”. It is
said that the railroad used this as temporary quarters for workers assigned
to the area. I’m pretty sure that no station operators or agents ever lived
there.

The Rural Retreat Depot Foundation would like to have this house, to be
part of our depot restoration project and a key part of Rural Retreat’s
downtown revitalization project. We don’t know how to go about getting it
from NS, so any advice is appreciated.

Frank Akers

The Rural Retreat Depot Foundation

www.theruralretreatdepot.com