William C. Walstrum, N&W Superintendent of Telegraph

Mon Jan 23 17:18:07 EST 2017

Larry Stone:

I realized my error too late... after pushing the Go Button.  And I figured someone would flag me on that.

Alonzo Cornell was the son of Ezra.  Since Ezra made his fortune in the telegraph industry, I guess son Alonzo learned and followed the trade.  Alonzo was one of the early Vice Presidents of the Western Union.

Ezra's autobiography, True and Firm, 1884, is available on Google Books.  It is a quick read, and it is worth the time.

-- abram burnett