middle siding signals

Wed Apr 19 11:44:20 EDT 2017

Mr. Powers,
Thank you for your response.  I understand your comments on geography.  My
remaining question is why would it be advantageous to allow an Eastbound
movement to proceed at restricted speed on the East-bound main and not be
advantageous to do so for an Eastbound movement on the West-bound main?
The layout of the middle siding appears to by symmetrical with respect to
both mains and I am trying to understand why the signalling should be
different.
Thanks for your help,
Jim Cochran