BH Tower, Walton: Thoughts on Mr. Gordon's Photo of the CTC Machine

Fri Apr 28 11:29:06 EDT 2017

abram burnett wrote:
> SIGNAL levers, on the other hand, have a three indications:  L, R, and a
> third indication at the top, always Red, in my experience.  If a proceed
> signal were not displayed either L or R, the red lamp above the Signal
> lever would light.

How did recalling a signal work indication with these CTC machines?

I presume the just operator would center the signal lever and press
the 'code start' button, but how would he know the physical plant was
'running time', or more specifically, how would he know when it was
finished running time and the signal could be re-lined?

Joe Shaw
Christiansburg, VA