BH Tower, Walton: Thoughts on Mr. Gordon's Photo of the CTC Machine

Fri Apr 28 15:30:45 EDT 2017

> How did recalling a signal work indication with these CTC machines?
>
> I presume the just operator would center the signal lever and press
> the 'code start' button, but how would he know the physical plant was
> 'running time', or more specifically, how would he know when it was
> finished running time and the signal could be re-lined?

Correct. Center the lever and start it.

It’s been many years since I got to observe a CTC machine but I think the light above the lever flashed until the time had run. But it’s not as if trying to clear a signal when time had yet to run caused a huge problem - you didn’t lock up the plant by requesting an action while time was running, the command just failed to execute and you tried again when it could.

--
Larry Stone
lstone19 at stonejongleux.com